Research and Evaluation
We develop research and evaluation projects that are directly informed by and address health needs of vulnerable groups, such as women, children, and racial/ethnic, gender and sexual minorities affected by profound health disparities. Our research questions arise from gaps we encounter in knowledge and practice.
Recent Research and Evaluation Topics
- Sexual health assessment
- Routine sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening, testing, and treatment in clinical practice
- Adolescent and young adult HIV prevention
- Healthcare engagement of people with HIV
- Destigmatization of HIV clinical care practices regarding race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual identity
- Burack, G. J., Marone, R. J., Gaur, S. J., Haiken, H. J., Oates, P. J., Pulliam, K. J., & Connolly, K. J. (2019). Pediatric HIV Infection: Focus on New Jersey. New Jersey Pediatrics, 45(2), 20–25.
- Cullinen, K., Hill, M., Anderson, T., Jones, V., Nelson, J., Halawani, M., & Zha, P. (2021). Improving sexually transmitted infection screening, testing, and treatment among people with HIV: A mixed method needs assessment to inform a multi-site, multi-level intervention and evaluation plan. PLoS ONE 16(12): e0261824, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0261824
- Lilly, A., Cavella, M., Roper-Lewis, A., Weglarz, M., Ayala, L., Lilli, A.C.,…Duggan, A. (2021). Improving outcomes for families of children with medical needs known to child welfare :A nurse care coordination program. Child Maltreatment, 0(0), 1-12, https://doi.org/10.1177%2F10775595211044496
- Simone, J.P. (2020, August). A Brief Review of Key Updates to the Perinatal Guidelines. New Jersey HIVLinks. 24-27.
- Simone, J.P., Hoyt, M.J., Bogert, L., & Storm, D.S. (2021). A Nurse-Led Initiative to Improve Implementation of HIV Preconception Care Services. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care. 32(1):115-126. doi: 10.1097/JNC.0000000000000212.
For more information contact:
Andrea Norberg, DNP, MS, RN
François-Xavier Bagnoud Center