Programs & Expertise
AIDS Education and Training Center (AETC)
National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)
The map above shows the AETC Program inclusive of 8 regional and 2 national centers.
AETC NCRC Services
- Website: (www.aidsetc.org) The AETC NCRC website promotes the AETC Program, supports collaboration and communication, and maintains an online library of state-of-the-science education and training materials for the AETC network and other HIV care providers. These resources - developed by the AETC Program, funders, partners and other national programs - support the goals of the HIV care continuum and are available for download and adaptation. Main content areas of the website include:
- Directory of all national and regional AETCs
- Virtual library of clinical resources
- National treatment guidelines and recommendations
- AETC developed curricula, training materials and best practices
- AETC blog ShareSpot
- News and social media connections
- National conferences, trainings, meetings & events calendar
- Communities of Practice: The AETC NCRC coordinates national working groups that focus on specific clinical or programmatic topics. Some groups function to identify gaps, recommend strategies and develop resources around subjects of interest within the AETC Program, while others provide a space for the exchange of information and resources. Membership is comprised of AETC Program participants as well as other content-area experts. All groups are facilitated by the AETC NCRC.
- Promoting the AETC Program National Identity: The AETC NCRC uses a range of approaches to promote the AETC Program including, but not limited to, materials development, exhibit coordination, presentations, and social media engagement.
Follow the AETC NCRC on social media:
For more information contact:
John Nelson, PhD, CPNP
Director, AETC NCRC
François-Xavier Bagnoud Center
The AETC Program is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration HIV/AIDS Bureau and is the training arm of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
Click here to subscribe to our general mailing list to receive ShareSpot blog announcements and quarterly newsletters. For more information on AETC Program resources contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HIV/HCV Coinfection: Treat Both, Treat Now
To address the disparities in hepatitis C prevalence, treatment, and cure among people of color living with HIV, an AETC Program and Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) collaborative initiative was started in 2016. This video highlights some of the collaborating successes and challenges of this initiative, and will hopefully be helpful for other healthcare providers and public health organizations to address co-infection in their own communities across the country.